Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's do you mean by that?

My mom and I were helping Linens and Things go out of business the other day. We had Austin with us and he was being his normal friendly self. The Walmart greeter better step up his game cuz Austin may be slightly more qualified! Austin was bouncing around the store when this little old lady came up (she was late 70s early 80s) and Austin said "Hi, What's your name?" She responded pleasantly by stating her name and then asking him what his name was. He said Austin to which she replied "Austin? How wonderfully plain!" What exactly do you think she meant?! I had no idea how to respond to that... luckily she walked away quickly and I didn't have to think of something to say. I just don't get it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take it as a compliment. Older people are really TIRED of what they view as "weird" names.

People still need to think before they speak.

Anonymous said...

Die alte Kuh ich haette der voll in die Fresse gehauen :-) lol