Sometimes you have no idea how bad something sounds until it is said back at you! This phenomenon was made clear to me this afternoon by my three year old! A little background of my day first.
I stayed home sick today. Last night I had a sore throat and a fever and was in bed by 7:30. I did not sleep well for several hours however because the fever made my joins ache so badly I could not get comfortable. I finally did fall asleep after calling in for a sub around 9:45 and after that I slept very very well. I woke up this morning and felt better but still not 100% my fever is lower but not all the way gone yet. I took Austin to daycare so that I could sleep and recover. When I picked him up there was a massive accident that made my trip take an extra 20 minutes... which would be ok normally but is not as fun when you don't feel well. Then I picked him up and he screamed the whole way home. Most of the screaming was because he was in a good mood... again that would be if you feel well but is not that much fun when you don't! I had to take an alternate rout home as well because of that accident and my trip was 20 minutes longer on the way back. I had two bags of clothes that the daycare lady was giving Austin, his daycare bag, my purse, the necessities I picked up from the grocery store and the dog (I thought it would be a good idea to take her on a car ride with me.) As usual I have to carry it all in one arm full so that I don't have to make another trip back to the car. Austin was taking too long to get out of the car, my hands were full and my mind preoccupied. Lexy too this opprotunity to go across the street to bark aggressively at the neighbors and their two dogs in their own yard. I drop everything, leave Austin unattended and go running to the edge of the yard counting to three at my 65 pound dog. The good news is that it worked the bad new is that I looked like a crazy fool to the entire neighborhood. I got Lexy into the house and went back to clean the contents of everything I was carrying off of my driveway. Austin still would not get out of the car so I started barking orders at him. I finally get him out and quickly lock the door behind him so he can not change his mind and climb back in. At this point I am at my wits end and carrying everything with one of the brown bags full of clothes ripping with every step that I take! I throw the contents into my kitchen and turn around to threaten Austin that he better "get in this house this instant!" He does and turns around to me and says "Mommy you are driving me insane!"
Oops... lesson learned!
*I do have more to post but have not had the time... I will get to it soon! (I hope)
1 comment:
It isn't that you are driving him insane...you are paying him back for all his tantrums :-D
Post a Comment